PetroLatina Energy has a total commitment to the highest ethical standards.
PetroLatina is inspired by the vision of the Secretary General of the United Nations, Kofi Anan, who has spoken of uniting the power of the market with the authority of universal ideals. PetroLatina is committed to certain guiding principles. These are set out below and follow both from our Mission Statement and our code of Ethics. They establish a philosophical structure of values which today underpins efforts throughout our operations to reinforce sustainability and achieve business practices which are honest and underline respect for people.
1. Support, comply with and exceed the requirements of the law of the countries where we operate.
2. Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity. PetroLatina aims for transparency and proper accountability.
3. Uphold human rights in our capacity both as employers and as neighbours of communities who live alongside our operations. PetroLatina acknowledges responsibilities to civil society and other stakeholders as well as its own shareholders. It undertakes to maintain a dialogue with local communities and work with them as closely as possible. PetroLatina will act as a ‘Good Neighbour’.
4. Respect the cultural values and historical traditions of indigenous peoples and communities. Protect ancient archaeological sites and holy places which may exist in places where we are working.
5. Exploring for and extracting oil can sometimes be hazardous to the environment. PetroLatina is committed to operating according to well established international standards and procedures which minimise the risk of environmental damage.
6. Advance conservation by measures to protect biological diversity including Diversity Action Plans where possible and appropriate.
7. Operate safely and protect the health and safety both of our employees and our neighbours.
8. Maximise the opportunities for personnel development through effective training and a management philosophy which engages everybody in the pursuit of the Company’s objectives. PetroLatina is committed to equal opportunities and makes no distinction on grounds of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.